Monday, January 12, 2009

And so on and so on...

After the whoopsy with the vanco, they changed up my antibiotics, waited to see if I had a reaction, when I didn't and I got all better, they sent me home... YAY, right? WRONG.

A few days after that little episode was over, I had ANOTHER problem... now my memory on all of this is fuzzy... but I believe I had an asthma attack that the nurse couldn't fix, so off we go again to the ER. At least this time it was during the day! haha... We sat in the room for what seemed like forever, they couldn't get my O2 level up... so here we go again, I was admitted to the hospital. This time they put me immediately in to MICU. No privacy, no shower, no nuthin'!

I was hooked up to every monitor imaginable. Things beeping constantly... Oh yeah, and did I mention I had a wedding to go to?! I begged and pleaded with my doctors to let me go home... YEAH RIGHT, they said! I told them I would go get married and come right back in, if that's what they wanted! No way... :-(

So we started thinking of Wedding Plan B, should we have to. I thought, OMG, I am going to have to get married in the UMC Chapel, in my hospital gown... that was enough to make me very very depressed. Then I started to get angry! Begging didn't work, so what if I THREATENED my doctor with his life if he didn't let me out in time?! hahaha...

Thank God, my Uncle Kevin worked there... he got my discharge expedited, and on SEPTEMBER 14TH, I was discharged from MICU.

Thaaaaaaaat's right... the day OF my wedding rehearsal, I was being discharged from the hospital, with a picc line in my arm... and both my rehearsal and wedding dresses were strapless! OY!

No comments:

Post a Comment