Monday, January 12, 2009

THE DIAGNOSIS

SO we now have a diagnosis... Endocarditis. Which is a long, fancy word for "a virus on my heart". This is why I had the fluid build up around my heart, etc etc. The cure? A picc line inserted in to my arm, that went all the way to my heart, so they could run antibiotics in there and make we all better. They also did a TEE (TransEsophageal Echocardiogram). That was pretty weird. They give you this drug that makes you VERY relaxed, so they can shove a camera down your throat. According to my uncle and cardiologist, it went well... I have NO recollection of it at all!

Apparently the mitral valve in my heart was deformed. It was causing the oxygenated blood to fall back into the chamber, instead of going out into my body, like it was supposed to. This was why I was so fatigued all of the time. It is called "regurgitation". Nice huh?

So now I have a picc line running good drugs to my heart and we know whats going on in there... Can I go home now?! After all, I have a wedding to think about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment