Monday, January 12, 2009

The Big Day (Pt. 2)

SEPTEMBER 15TH!

I slept really well the night before, mainly because I was on 100 different medications. I had a 9a hair appointment, and I soooo did not want to go. Thank God Brendan offered to drive me everywhere, because I wasn't allowed yet. HELLO! Just got out of the hospital people! LOL... my hair dresser was very understanding, I decided against the style I had originally picked. I wanted everything as simple as possible. The wedding wasn't until 4pm, and I knew I would be awfully tired by then. I had also lost 30lbs. in the hospital, so I was afraid my dress wouldn't fit! So I had a lot on my mind that day.

Brendan dropped us all off after our hair was done, and now it was time to nap. I thank God that I have my mom and my sister, ad my very wonderful friends... because I was in no shape to go and set up for my wedding! But they did it all, and it was awesome.

Mom came and got me and my big ol' dress, and we headed out to the Apple Orchard, where we were having our ceremony & reception. She got my big ass INTO the dress, and my best friend, Wendy slapped some make up on me. At this point, I was completely out of it. I was SO tired... everyone was ready, I had no idea what I was supposed to do, since I missed the rehearsal... so I sat, and waited for instruction. We had gotten our wedding pics out of the way before hand... it was just easier, and trust me, that day was all about EASY.

Right before the ceremony, I started to get really nauseous... not because I was nervous, but because I was still pretty wobbly and I hadn't really eaten anything. But they got a fan on me, and sat me down, and it passed. Then it was time to head down the isle!
Aside from some initial tripping on my dress, dad and I made it down the isle... everyone said alter, they were just happy I didn't need to be wheeled down the isle!
Everything went off without a hitch, and finally we were married!!!!!

It was the happiest day of my life!!! (Even though I don't look like it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment