Monday, January 12, 2009

Life After Open Heart Surgery

While I was recovering at home, sleeping in our recliner, I had busted open some of my stitches. Of course, it was the top 2, so my scar looks awful! But I'm alive, so you have to realize what's really important.

At first I was pretty self-conscious about my scar, so I wore shirts that came up pretty high... but around the spring of 2008, I realized... I didn't care what people thought! So I have a massive scar running down my chest, I am also ALIVE and walking around because of that scar... So I decided if anyone had a problem with it, they could suck it! I was alive and feeling better than I ever had!!!

In reality, open heart surgery REALLY wasn't THAT bad... sure it hurt a little, but that's why they have good drugs! And after about 2 months, I was finally able to sleep in my own bed again... so HURRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment