Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jack Comes In To Our Lives

4 years ago I had a dog named Gordon. Gordon and I went through A LOT together... Sadly, in 2004, he got sick and he had to be put sleep. I was heart-broken over it and vowed I would never own a dog again. After some time went by though I missed the companionship a dog can give you.


My birthday is June30th. In May 2006 we decided we would go to Dallas to celebrate my 30th birthday. I was super excited!!


One day in early June, Brendan calls me from the parking lot of our apartment (we had moved in together in April) and asks me to come down and help him carry some stuff in. Me, being the eternal lazy bitch that I can sometimes be, got pissy over having to throw some decent clothes on and go downstairs, just to help carry stuff in... (I know, I know) So I, huffily, open the door, only to see Brendan holding this little 5 week old puppy, who, unbeknownst to Brendan, looked JUST like my Gordon did at that age! Of course I IMMEDIATELY fell in love. I mean, who wouldn't love an adorable little puppy for their birthday?!

Brendan had been working at a renters house, and she just happen to foster animals for the Humane Society. They had gotten Jack and his sister a few days before... Brendan saw him and viola! We got our Jackers!! The lady's son had actually named him Jumpin' Jack, so we just shortened it and kept the name they had been calling him. JACK was a fine name indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment