Monday, January 12, 2009

November 2006

As I have said in my previous posts, illness s a big part of my story. I remember when Brendan and I first started dating, I got the worst case of strep throat. Ugh. Well, for about almost a year, I hadn't been feeling... up my peak performance standard, shall we say... I basically had no energy - ALL THE TIME and had trouble catching my breath. I even stopped working out because of it.

Anyway, November is Brendan's birthday, and I wanted to do something really special for him... but I felt like crap all the time, so I really never got anything planned. Around the 19th (his birthday) I was diagnosed with pneumonia.

Needless to say, it was not a fun birthday for us. I was puny and gripey and all round no fun. So, he reluctantly went out for his birthday with his uncle and friends. I felt awful for ruining his first birthday, of us being together. But what can you do?

I never did fully recover from that illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment