Sunday, January 11, 2009

So We're Dating... Now What?

So we've become inseparable since our first date... and we both know what this is... we've gotten the "I love you's" out of the way (our whole relationship has been based on FAST...) so what's next? MEETING THE FAMILIES - aaaaaagggggghhhh!

2 weeks after we had been dating, Brendan invites me to Ft. Worth with him, to meet his entire family... well, okay, maybe not the ENTIRE family, because his is HUGE... but the most important people - his mom & dad, sister & brother and his grandparents. No pressure there! We go, they're all wonderful, and they all (seem) to love me... so now on to MY family. That parts a little trickier.

My parents are strict southern Baptist people, who don't drink, rarely cuss, etc etc. Basically the exact opposite of Brendan's family.I was really worried about how they would react to meeting this guy, who I have only been dating for a couple of weeks. But the met him, and loved him. WHEW!!

THREE weeks after we have been together Brendan has to make a trip to Arizona to drop some big ol' thing off to his dad (his dad in FW is techincally his step dad, but he calls him dad) and he asked me if I wanted to come along... Let me just say one thing, if you can survive a 3 day trip, in a tiny Ford Ranger after only dating a few weeks, and not kill eachother... IT IS SO MEANT TO BE!

I traveled more in the first 2-3 months with Brendan, than I had in my entire life! (Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but we traveled A LOT.) And what I learned is that we realy DO get along! We never run out of things to talk about... I never cease to find him interesting... this is good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment