Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh, whoops!

So I am home. I have a home health nurse assigned to me... Jennifer. She is fantastic! She also sees no need to come around every day, because they allowed my mom, who is also a nurse, to take over administering my daily dose of antibiotics. Everything is starting to look up...

I was out of the hospital for 2 days when it happened. I had an allergic reaction to the vancomycin they were giving me! It happened so suddenly... I was freezing cold and itching like crazy. Nothing helped. Mom gave me a hot, oatmeal bath... I was wrapped up in my electric blanket, but I couldn't stop shivering... try itching from the INSIDE... yah, not fun. And I had slowly gotten what they call the "red man syndrome". I had little red bumps all over.

FInally, my fiancee went to kiss me good night and said that I was burning up! I was like, oh no I'm not, I'm FREEZING... so he took my temperature and it was 104 degrees! And he said I was pretty incoherent as well. So he gathered me up, and threw me in the truck and off we go to the ER. Luckily, we live right by the hospital. He called my home health nurse as well, who was able to call UMC ER and get me in pretty quickly.

Once again, I am admitted into the hospital. BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment